Monday, November 24, 2008

Seasons Rust

Your skin is still dark from the summer
Your body’s still slim before the winter
You’re lookin long and lean,
The autumn air’s so clean, I love it when it’s humid and cold

You stretch out before the path of days gone past
Naked except for your shoes
Ready to run despite your reclining state
You can’t relax fully in mood.

Nobody wants a baby who is ready to bail
Because autumn is the true season of love
The harvest, the promise – babe we’re ready to grow
Crawling through the bleached lace lines of hope

And my body is fertile, ready to burst
Not ready to grow but ready to run
Your orange paper leaves heart falling on
My cracked mind’s concept of fun.

Its too late in the season for sweat
But it falls from my body without care
It mingles in the cracks of my elbows
And dampens my knotted up hair

No comments: